Senior Manager, Global Supply Chain IT (Pharma Ops & Technology IT)
Professional Diversity Network
Cambridge, MA, USA
Information Technology (IT)
Biogen has one of the most exciting pipelines in the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry. The company has been growing rapidly and with this growth comes a number of exciting opportunities to work with our expanding business areas. One of these opportunities is to work in Pharmaceutical Operations and Technology (PO&T) to support the growing needs of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization.
The PO&T IT organization is a lean and nimble work environment where people have the latitude to lead coupled with a highly collaborative focus and significant opportunities for career advancement.
This role will be based out of Cambridge, MA or Baar Switzerland and will report to the Senior Director of PO&T IT.
Job Duties include the following general and specific skillsets:
Business partnership and technology expertise
* Focus will span the PO&T Global Supply Chain business areas of Clinical Drug Supply, Artwork Management, Global Trade Management and Logistics with the potential to cover additional areas of Global Supply Chain and PO&T including Manufacturing and Quality . Ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in business process and systems leadership for this business area.
* Results oriented information systems leader with a strong track record of people leadership and project delivery excellence.
* Serve as both tactical and strategic IT liaison to the business through building and fostering a partnership.
* Provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues, improve business processes and leverage improvement opportunities.
* Demonstrate strong understanding of change management processes in a GxP regulated Life Science environment.
* Strong understanding of the Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory and Supply Chain business areas and their supporting technology as well as broad understanding of overall business units a plus.
* Be point of contact for business focused application questions and be able to identify and leverage resources across IT.
* Develop global strategies addressing ambiguous issues, large and diverse in scope.
* Drive organizational improvements in areas of lean business process and information systems.
* Work in close collaboration with IT Application support team for support coordination and enhancement requests.
Project management and solution delivery
* Ensure solution delivery meets business need and expectation through business requirement gathering.
* Partner with business clients and solution delivery team to determine appropriate solutions and priority.
* Plan and organize tasks, report progress, and manage and coordinate with consultants/contractors for implementations.
* Gather and validate business needs to translate into requirements for technical team.
* Work with technical teams to develop technical requirements and solutions.
* Is accountable for projects throughout entire lifecycle; depending on scale and complexity may need input or guidance on critical decisions.
* Plan and execute change management activities.
* Develop annual operating plan and manage budget.
* Vendor management.
* Exercises range of small to large sized project leadership.
* Processes/projects will have cross functional impact.
* Focused on one or more functional areas/processes; has knowledge of cross functional areas/processes and related impact.
* Works within defined budgets to exercise financial adherence at the project level.
* Create and/or manage the delivery of all Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) deliverables.
* Execute and/or manage the execution of unit, functional and user testing.
* In collaboration with the business customer, utilizes broad business knowledge to proactively search for strategic technological solutions.
* Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the business area.
* Builds and manages peer and management-level business relationship through achievement of results, accountable to schedule, and allocation of resources and meeting customer needs.
* Performs work without appreciable direction.
* Exercises considerable independence in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
* Draws from past experiences to develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of ingenu
* 5-7 Years relevant experience.
* Large project implementation experience.
* Life Sciences experience.
* GxP validated systems experience.A BS/BA degree is strongly preferred. In addition, having Master's degree in business or Technology related studie
A BS/BA degree is strongly preferred. In addition, having Master's degree in business or Technology related studies will be considered a plus.