Digital Transformation Leader, Pharma Operations & Technology (PO&T) IT
Professional Diversity Network
Research Triangle Park, Durham, NC, USA
Information Technology (IT)
The Pharmaceutical Operations & Technology (PO&T)IT Data and Analytics team develops, deploys, and manages Process Analytical, Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, and Digital solutions for the users in PO&T. This position will lead the global PO&T IT digital transformation activities.
The Digital Transformation Leader will be responsible for collaborating with the Digital Transformation workstreams in PO&T to set the vision and strategy for PO&T's digital transformation. This leader will oversee the IT portfolio of digital capabilities and may lead various projects to roll out new digital capabilities.
The incumbent will act as the liaison between PO&T and other organizations, including Commercial and R&D as related to digital offerings and transformations in those organizations. He/she will lead assessments of new technologies and as appropriate will lead the roll out of new capabilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading transformation that contributes significantly to the goals and objectives of PO&T and PO&T IT.
* Serve as primary consultant for senior management and as the internal/external spokesperson for PO&T IT related to digital capabilities and options available. Influence the development of objectives and long-range goals related to the application of technologies to enhance the operations of PO&T.
* Establish a digital transformation strategy working directly with the PO&T Digital Transformation workstreams. Provide thought leadership on the digital transformation topic and activity work to communicate the strategy and build awareness and understanding.
* Manage a portfolio of digital capabilities and systematically prioritize the opportunities. Leverage emerging industry-specific technologies available through Industry 4.0; these options may span packaging design, push and pull of information to smart devices, the latest in chip technologies, as well as software, and hardware offerings.
* Identify unique digital capabilities and platforms that can enhance and augment PO&T's operations from technical development, through clinical trials to commercial manufacturing.
* Identify necessary 'building blocks' (eg. Master Data, Process Framework, People Capabilities) for the organization to be put in place.
* Lead cost/benefit analysis assessments for various technology options. Identify, select, and partner with external suppliers to enhance Biogen's digital capabilities. Lead projects to bring these capabilities on board.
Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical, IT or related industry; 10+ years of experience with a Master's degree. Experience with supply chain, manufacturing, and quality related IT systems.
Demonstrated experience working in a cross functional, global, matrixed organization to build consensus and drive strategy and standards.
Possess strong analytical skills and strong skills/experience in decision analysis tools and methods.
Experience setting strategic direction within organizations Ability to effectively interpret Quality Standards as they relate to various technology options.
Ability to manage projects from initiation to delivery.
Ability to independently set work objectives and priorities without direction; proven ability to succeed when given significant latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Possess a strong understanding of available digital capabilities and platforms within the Biopharmaceutical industry space.
Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both in writing and verbal contexts.
Demonstrated project leadership and management skills Biotech / Life Sciences experience is a plus.