Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
At Comcast, we’re committed to delivering amazing products and a customer experience that people love and trust; and our employees are pivotal to our success. As we seek to always exceed the expectations of our customers, we’re more focused than ever on engaging and equipping our employees with the right information, tools and resources to do so.
In support of these efforts, we are seeking a Director of Internal Communications to join our team – an individual who shares our company’s passion for innovation and for delivering a great product and customer experience.
The role of Director, Employee Communications, Connectivity, will support all internal communications activities related to educating and marketing Comcast’s full array of Xfinity Connectivity products and services (Internet, Home and Mobile) to our 90,000+ corporate and cable employees. This individual will partner with Executives and Leaders, as well as Communicators companywide, to drive and integrate communications strategies across the business. He/she will be a key contributor in a fast-paced, complex and constantly changing environment. He/she will lead projects and be part of cross-functional teams established to implement new product launches and initiatives.
- Develops and executes strategic employee communications and engagement plans designed to support our business objectives of innovating and simplifying the product experience, driving growth and improving the overall customer experience.
- Works with various teams, including Xfinity Services, Technology, Product, Xperience (TPX), Learning & Development, Sales & Marketing and Internal and External Communications to develop communications strategies and materials that help internal audiences engage in and promote the brand.
- Acts as key liaison to Executives and Leaders at both Corporate Headquarters and within the Field Organization to ensure awareness and understanding of employee-facing communications strategies, plans, tools and resources, etc.
- Partners closely with the extended Internal Communications network (HR, Division, Region, Business Unit and Functional Communicators) to ensure alignment across the company and the timely and effective dissemination of messaging and materials to employees.
- Drafts internal announcements and content specific to product launches, enhancements and milestones; writes effectively and with appropriate tone for internal audiences.
- Strengthens and develops new strategies for how to reach employees across our diverse population who work in and outside of the physical workplace. Relies on data and analytics to assess communications effectiveness and refine and improve approaches.
- Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging; regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies, such as the use of digital technology and platforms, video, graphic design, demos and webinars, etc.
- Project manages and executes employee events and activities.
- Manages consultants/contracted resources as needed, including creative agencies, event planning firms, graphic designers, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 12 to 15 years of experience and Bachelor’s Degree required; background in Internal Communications, Public Relations or Marketing preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Efficient, fast-working, results-oriented creative leader; ability to distill complex concepts into key messages.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across an organization at all levels.