Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. Comcast provides a one of the kind entertainment platform, High Speed Data platform, and Internet of Things services including Home Security services. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value and deliver the best TV, Entertainment, Internet, Voice, and other services to millions of customers via the largest footprint of networks in the country.
The Digital Home Syndication SRE team is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help support and managed our Home Security service and its underlying cloud infrastructure. As a member of this team, you will work in automating and deployment of our Home Security platform and infrastructure components, partake in incident and change management and work closely with development, networking and other infrastructure teams to achieved optimal performance and availability of the Home Security service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
- 1-2+ years of experience with cloud providers; preferably Amazon Web Services
- Strong understanding of large scale Linux environments and operating systems
- Experience in one of the following languages; Bash, Python, Go
- Working knowledge on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools; Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Hashicorp Stack
- Knowledgeable of virtualization technology, and containers (e.g. VMWare, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication skills and a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies, understand business requirements, propose reference architectures, and possible technology solutions. Must be capable of presenting options and weigh implementation.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary. - Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain large scale production infrastructure and service by measuring and monitoring service availability, performance and latency.
- Automate and create scripts to effectively and consistently build and deploy infrastructure and services through various environment stages.
- Partake in incident management which includes participating in 24/7 on-call rotation, triaging and resolving issues and enhancing monitoring scripts as necessary.
- Participage in Scrum and Agile methodology and collaborate with team members and development teams.
- Document infrastructure and environment
Job Specification: - Bachelors Degree or Equivalent - Computer Science, Engineering - Generally requires 0-2 years related experience