Scientist (Clinical Toxicology) Chantilly, VA req35089
Professional Diversity Network
Chantilly, VA, USA
Scientist- Chantilly, Virginia - Monday - Friday
The Technical Scientist will manage analytical projects in R & D. He/She supervises projects from the assay design, validation and implementation. This position also manages special projects in R & D, and operates as a technical consultant in maintaining current testing reliability including diagnosing test failures and implementing corrective action. He/she assists the Technical Director in the development and maintenance of the R & D Department. The incumbent actively supports and complies with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
1. Coordinates and provides bench level supervision of projects for R & D techniques as directed by the Technical Director.
2. Coordinates the implementation of new procedures within the department and with other support departments.
3. Performs statistical analysis and validation of new methods. Provides written summaries of work to be used for method documentation.
4. Trains staff in new methods both in technical and instrumental aspects.
5. Manages special projects with the duties of coordination of resources and personnel.
6. Serves as a resource for MS related questions.
7. Maintains present testing reliability including diagnosing test failures (instrumental and chemical) and implementing corrective action.
8. Provides technical understanding of analytical techniques .
9. Responsible for informing the appropriate supervisor of all problems associated with the proper performance of test procedures.
10. Maintains accurate records of all corrective and preventive maintenance to satisfy to licensing requirement.
11. Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- B. S. or M. S. in appropriate clinical or applied science, six (6) years of R & D experience -Ability to see projects to completion.
-Ability to manage time and details.
-Good verbal and written skills required.
-Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and clients.