Project Control Specialist (Construction Administrator)
Professional Diversity Network
Washington, DC, USA
The Project Controls Engineer shall focus on all incoming deliverables, submittals, drawings, RFIs, change orders, correspondence and supplemental agreements from contractors forwarding timely through established work ow for review/approval to the pertinent AOC staff, reviewers and consultants and transmits responses back to contractors for action. The Project Controls Engineer shall track and provide reports concerning workow for timeliness and provide reports on the status of submittals, RFIs, PCO's, etc. The Project Controls Engineer shall report to the COTR and perform the tasks described below. Project Controls Engineer shall be capable of performing all assigned duties and tasks with self-sufciency and minimal guidance from the COTR.
1) Maintains the Submittal and RFI (Request for Information) PROLOG computer database of documentation generated by contractors and responses issued by AOC and its consultants and reviewers. Services will be performed on-site and the CMS Contractors employee providing service shall be knowledgeable and experienced in the latest version of Prolog.
2) Using PROLOG software, the employee receives submittals, drawings, RFIs, change orders, correspondence and supplemental agreements from contractors and submits them for review/approval to the pertinent AOC staff, reviewers and consultants. Employee evaluates and quantitatively analyzes all submissions for their completeness and timeliness, and noties the appropriate party/parties of any anomalies or of situations requiring resolution. Creates and maintains PROLOG les on computer for projects specied in task orders issued against this contract.
3) Follow the latest version of the Construction Management Branch Standard Operating Procedures for Prolog requirements for the project. CM Services Converge, and Prolog Mobil software.
4) Process outgoing correspondence, material, and transmittals to ensure completeness and correctness for format, spelling and grammar in compliance with pertinent procedures and regulation for signature by the COTR/ PM. Initiates and prepares routine administrative correspondence for signature by the COTR/ PM. Transmits documents among team members.
5) Maintains hard copy of the project records and les for task orders issued under this contract. In addition to hard copies, all les must be stored and organized electronically on the AOC server.
6) Produces daily and weekly reports on RFIs and submittals to the COTR.
7) Prepares correspondence as necessary to respond to contactor(s) and clients; conrms project matters, etc. Documentation of all actions taken and decisions made during the course of a project is essential to build an accurate project history for future reference.
8) Assists COTR in scheduling meetings with contractors and AOC staff to discuss and review projects progress, discuss problems, and resolve issues as necessary. The CM Services Contractor will prepare meeting agendas and take minutes of all meetings; the format and content must be acceptable to the COTR. Minutes must include the meeting date and time; agenda; meeting location; list of participants with their afliations, addresses, and telephone numbers; be fully descriptive of issues, problems, and decisions made; and action items with names of responsible parties and handout materials, unless the materials are part of a formal submission. Distribute complete copies of all minutes on the accepted medium within two (2) working days of the meeting. All challenges to the minutes will be reected in revised versions, with distribution of revised versions issued to everyone who received the original minutes, within two (2) working days.
9) Assists in the preparation of monthly executive brieng reports tracking status and progress on various aspects of contracts identied herein. In addition, the CM Services Contractor is responsible for preparation of weekly progress reports, and special reports as required by the COTR for brieng of Senior Staff.
10) Assists the COTR in ensuring that all documents required for project close-out are submitted by the Construction Contractor at the conclusion of each construction project. Standard services include the resolution of remaining punch list items, processing of remaining or new change orders and all other work included in the contract. In addition, the CM Services Contractor shall compile all closeout documents in accordance with AOC internal close-out requirements and archive project les.
11) Processes all security badge requests for consultants and contractors associated with the program. Maintains a database and tracking log of all badge requests.
- 4-year degree in Business Management or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5 or more years of related work experience.
- Proficient PC skills including proficiency in various Project Controls software and Microsoft Office Suite.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.