Enterprise Patient Safety Director - Woonsocket RI
Professional Diversity Network
Cumberland, RI 02864, USA
Job Description *** In this role you will work from our office in Woonsocket, RI. ***
The Enterprise Patient Safety Director will be responsible for providing guidance and support for the Patient Safety programs of the CVS Health/Aetna business units.
* Advancing patient safety through rigorous data analysis and the ongoing examination of workflows, processes and systems to identify existing or emerging patient safety and quality risks
* Developing and implementing new processes and system enhancements to mitigate identified risks in collaboration with key stakeholders across the organization
* Guiding implementation of enterprise-wide patient safety initiatives by safety and operational leaders from the involved business units
* Collaborating with litigation and claims departments to gain insights into key safety and quality issues identified through litigation and claims data review
* Shaping and promoting an enterprise wide culture of safety through the adoption of Just Culture principles
* Resource for application of basic principles of Patient Safety Organization (PSO) compliance, in collaboration with Legal
* Performing ad hoc field risk assessments in collaboration with the Vice President of Patient Safety or business unit designee to develop risk mitigation strategies and tactics to improve patient safety in emerging risk areas that are not otherwise gleaned through the existing data analytics
These activities will be conducted with the objective of enhancing patient and healthcare provider safety, promoting quality care, and minimizing loss to protect the reputational and financial assets of the organization.
The Director incorporates and utilizes methods to improve all aspects of patient safety and quality within the CVS Health/Aetna business units. Applying the principles of patient safety, quality improvement and clinical knowledge acquired as a practicing clinician, the Director will review errors of commission and omission, provide advice and support to healthcare providers in the field, analyze clinical and health care delivery processes, identify potential risks for patients and develop strategies to maximize safety, quality and efficiency while improving patient outcomes.
The Director will support enterprise patient safety committee meetings, groups comprised of key patient safety representatives across all of the business units. Under the guidance of the Vice President, each of these business units are responsible for contributing data to the Enterprise Patient Safety and Quality Scorecards that measure event reporting data, quality indicators, patient welfare metrics and medical malpractice claims data across the company. The Director will also guide the business units through the development and submission of Three Year Patient Safety Plans that outline the programmatic activities that will improve safety and quality within their departments.
The Director will work closely with the CVS Health/Aetna business unit management to assure integration and compliance with quality and patient safety goals across the enterprise and will manage special projects as directed. Travel overnight up to 25% of the time.
Required Qualifications Minimum Three years of experience in the following:
* Practice as a licensed clinician (Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Pharmacist, Physician or Physician Assistant)
* Experience assessing complex processes to identify areas for improvement, and developing strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analysis and/or measure success
* Established organizational skills (e.g. project management experience or managing cross-team/department initiatives with demonstrated success)
* Skilled communicator and collaborator, must be able to build relationships and effectively persuade and influence across multiples levels of leadership using facts and well-reasoned positions
* Polished executive presence and comfort presenting to, and interacting with, members of an organization's senior leadership team
* Strong analytical acumen, ability to interpret complex analytics and derive key insights and learnings
Preferred Qualifications * Strong clinical background and critical thinking skills are essential for success in an organization with dynamic growth and ever-changing needs
* Ability to guide investigations and root cause analyses that includes medical providers, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, clinical management, administrators and others when a serious event such as death or severe bodily injury occurs
* Must be able to communicate effectively with team members in all areas and at all levels of the organization to achieve project objectives, while working cross functionally
* Intellectual curiosity and motivation to master detailed subject matter in multiple areas within the pharmacy and healthcare business.
* Experience and knowledge of the principles of quality control and assurance and quantitative quality detection mechanisms
* Experience in electronic health information exchange
Education * Bachelor's required * Master's degree preferred * Active clinical licensure in good standing
Business Overview It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.