RN Registered Nurse Consultant - Long Term Care - WA and OR
Professional Diversity Network
Spokane, WA, USA
Job Description CVS Health has a powerful purpose - "Helping people on their path to better health." To enable this purpose, we have several initiatives, existing and new, that are re-inventing pharmacy and enabling better health outcomes.
At Omnicare, we support our company's purpose by delivering practical and innovative solutions to address the needs of continued care communities. This critically important role is responsible for delivery of clinical services and education to our clients to further develop client relationships, to aid in retention and expansion of existing business, and help to ensure execution of contract covenants.
In this role, you will collaborate with the District Manager, Field Nurses, LTC of Omnicare Account Management and you will also assist with onboarding of new clients and some facility level issue resolution.
**This position encompasses a large territory and will require heavy travel from Spokane, WA to the Tricities over to Portland, OR. Extensive overnight travel will be needed. Out of state travel may also be required.
In this role you will:
- Build strong client relationships by consistently delivering client interactions that develop trust and show value - Evaluate regulatory compliance and determine clinical education needs for our clients as it relates to pharmacy services - Conduct quality assurance audits to aid clients with preparation for successful, compliant state surveys - Identify and provide recommendations regarding deficiencies and opportunities around drug inventories, storage, and distribution - Provide Quality Reviews and other Omnicare nursing consultant services - Deliver ongoing clinical training to facility staff - Manage resolution of client issues and requests - Assist with activities associated in onboarding new facilities such as collection of resident information and medical records; scheduling, attending, and some facilitation of facility staff training; informing pharmacy of facility needs; serving as single point of contact for facility throughout onboarding process - Operate with strong business acumen and industry knowledge, remaining conscious of industry trends
To be successful, you will have strong clinical knowledge and proven client relation skills.The ideal candidate will possess the following professional qualifications:
* Excellent customer service skills, knowing the appropriate time to be consultative vs solve a problem or fill a need
* Proven project and time management skills; ability to track and manage issues, ensure the right teams are engaged, and facilitate comprehensive and timely issue resolution
* Ability to work independently and creatively solve problems when dealing with a multitude of variables
* Track record of performing under pressure and adapting to changing dynamics
* Effective communication skills
Required Qualifications - At least three (3) years of recent nursing experience in a Long Term Care setting (ALF or SNF) or 3 years of State or Federal Long Term Care Surveyor experience - Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing with current, unrestricted license - Ability to travel regularly, up to 80%, including overnight stays
Preferred Qualifications - Multi-facility clinical experience - Director/Assistant Director of Nursing experience - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Web applications
Education - Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing with current, unrestricted license
Business Overview It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.