A dynamic opportunity to represent RCN in direct sales initiatives on the commercial side. This position will report to the Sales Manager. Compensation is base + commission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Connect with potential business customers through door to door selling.
2. Setting goals and expectations through these relationships for achieving revenue, sales objectives and maximizing the penetration of RCN services within their assigned territory
3. Selling to customers, cold calling, telemarketing, and assist in solving customer service issues.
4. Distribute marketing material
5. Participate in special sale events
• High School diploma or equivalent is a must; college degree preferred
• 1-2 years of experience in sales
• Basic computer skills required
• Sales or marketing background in the telecommunications industry a plus
• Ability to work in a fast paced challenging environment
• Excellent communication, relationship building, organizational, presentation and influence skills are essential
• Strong executive presence and account/project management skills preferred
• Valid driver’s license
• Reliable transportation
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.