Job Description As the Assistant Category Manager, you will be responsible for your assigned specific strategic, merchandise categories and you will have the full scope of responsibility for attaining budgeted sales, gross margin, and building market share within your category.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- You will be collaborating with the support team for their business including pricing, Promotion Assistants, Merchandise Planners, Inventory Planners, Financial Planners, Store Operations and Category Planogram Designers to achieve the merchandising objectives as it relates to the CVS Strategic plan.
- You will be responsible for searching out new, competitive opportunities at CVS within the assigned categories and driving the business to ensure an industry leading position for CVS.
- You will need to achieve Market Share growth Developing Annual Category Business Plans 1-3-5 years out by developing and implementing category strategic plans i.e., weekly, seasonal and annual merchandising programs to deliver industry leading results.
- You will drive the category review and planning process initiating and executing marketing plans for weekly, seasonal and annual marketing programs maintaining positive trade relations and developing strategic alliances.
As an Assistant Category Manger, you will be interviewing and negotiating with manufacturers and vendors, developing and implementing promotional strategies and maintaining competitive analysis, including competitive store and market visits. You will also work on optimizing SKU mix, sales and gross margin and the achievement of sales and gross margin budgets for the category as it relates to the strategic plan partners cross-functionally to ensure results .
Required Qualifications 1-3 years of experience in a retail organization or in an analytical, merchandising, or buying position
- Must be willing and able to travel at least 5-10%
Preferred Qualifications -Previous retail experience strongly preferred -Excellent technical skills: knowledge of spreadsheet and database software -Excellent presentation skills -GMROI analysis experience a plus -Experience or working knowledge of IRI or Nielsen market data -Familiarity with plan-o-gram tools a plus
Education - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Business Overview It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.