Job Description **This role can be a remote based role**
The Specialty Program Outcomes Advisor will provide analytic support and business insights for the development and presentation of economic and financial analytics to clients on behalf of CVS Specialty, with particular focus on medical benefit therapy management. This role requires strong expertise in the application and translation of data analytics, including the analysis and reporting of financial and clinical outcomes from claims and survey data. The successful candidate will work as a partner and peer advisor with sales, account management, underwriting, analytics, clinical affairs, and legal to ensure that program guarantees are thoughtfully established, reported, reconciled and presented to clients with the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct.
* Engages clients as part of clinical and account team as related to outcomes and economic performance across all specialty drug and patient management programs, including the industry-leading medical benefit management platform Novologix. Collaboration is paramount to success with key stakeholders from sales, legal, product development, underwriting, information technology, analytics, operations, account management, and CVS Specialty management.
* Provides tactical leadership, including methodological input, for customer financial settlements and reconciliations and ensures company is effectively planning for various risk arrangements, working closely with underwriting, actuary, and other business partners.
* Effectively communicates program outcomes to internal and external customers, working collaboratively with clients to address methodologic and outcomes questions.
* Effectively interacts with management, outside consultants, other employees and any other persons to forward and represent the needs of the department.
* Develops and/or refines specific contractual language to support program level financial guarantees in client agreements and RFP responses.
* Drives cross-functional teams in the creation and development of innovative approaches to meet and exceed client expectations related to guarantees and ROI assurances.
Required Qualifications * 6+ years experience in healthcare * A minimum of 3 years working within an analytics function * A minimum of 3 years working directly in support of clients/customers * Travel (can be up to 40%) may require but is not limited to flights, overnight stays, local travel, travel on short notice and other travel deemed necessary by the Company
Preferred Qualifications * Exceptional problem-solver with high levels of intellectual curiosity. Experience and expertise in various analytic methods for evaluation of clinical and/or pharmaceutical programs * Excellent writing and presentation skills - able to clearly communicate methodologies and results to layman, as well as ability to engage in deep substantive problem solving with clinical and financial analysts * Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, and consensus building skills * Strong emotional intelligence and matrix management skills * Strong MS Office skills require * Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including a willingness to challenge the status quo through engagement and informal leadership
Education * Bachelors degree required. Advanced degree in Business, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Policy, Pharmacy, or HealthCare Administration preferred.
Business Overview It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.