Paralegal II Supporting the Civil Division at the US Attorney's Office
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Information Technology (IT)
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and AECOM, has a vacancy for a Paralegal II supporting the Civil Division at the U.S. Attorney's Office.
The Department of Justice, United States Attorney ' s Office (USAO), District of Nevada is the principal litigator for the United States Government for the entire state of Nevada. The mission of the U.S. Attorney's Office (USAO) is to prosecute criminal cases on behalf of the Federal Government, and to prosecute and defend civil cases in which the United States is a party.
A Paralegal II performs, but is not limited to the following duties:
* Establishes and maintains files and case-tracking database.
* Performs document reviews and assists in discovery.
* Prepares a variety oflegal documents, correspondence, and other related material.
* Provides a variety of direct legal support services.
* Provides assistance that is dependable and effective in dealings with courts, clients, and co-workers (including supervisors and support staff).
* Performs other related duties as assigned
A Paralegal II supporting the fact witness process must meet the following qualifications:
* Possesses a paralegal certificate.
* At least one year of legal experience is required.
* Knowledge of standard legal citation systems sufficient to perform straightforward legal research and accurately cite check legal authorities.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and analytical abilities.
* Familiarity with a variety of computer applications, specifically the Microsoft suite (word, excel, etc.).
* Ability to proofread documents and format them to accepted legal standards
* Experience and familiarity with the drafting, organization and filing of legal pleadings and correspondence.
* Ability to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Access.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.