Information Technology (IT)
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and AECOM, in partnership with PRG, has a potential vacancy for a Senior Financial Investigator. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the USAO.
* Assisting special agents in identifying for seizure and/or forfeiture all assets, including real or personal property, that have been legally or illegally acquired by individuals or groups
* Assisting special agents in identifying, tracing, seizing, and forfeiting all proceeds deposited into traditional or non-traditional financial institutions.
* Assisting special agents identifying, tracing, seizing, and forfeiting all stocks, bonds, securities, and other investments related to or derived from criminal activity.
* Assisting special agents in disrupting and destroying known criminal organizations by targeting their financial infrastructure and seeking criminal and civil forfeiture actions to accomplish the goal.
* Assisting special agents by conducting analyses of seized records to determine the amount of illegal proceeds subject to forfeiture, assets derived from illegal proceeds subject to forfeiture; and/or assets involved in money laundering that are subject to forfeiture.
* Assisting special agents in pre-seizure analysis of assets to determine which assets meet DOJ minimum monetary net equity thresholds and assisting special agents with pre-seizure planning with representatives of the U.S. Marshals Service.
* Assisting special agents in debriefs or interviews of witnesses, cooperating defendants, and confidential informants to identify assets for forfeiture.
* Assisting special agents with the preparation of affidavits in support of asset seizure.
* Assisting special agents at meetings with Assistant U.S. Attorneys, defense counsel, and other DSS offices and personnel and making notes of important decisions and activities.
* Assisting special agents by providing advice and guidance at search warrant locations related to the identification and the seizure of forfeitable asset.
* Identifying and analyzing any and all financial records obtained by DSS. Such financial records includes, but is not limited to, the review bank and other financial documents, deposit items, wire transfer receipts, canceled checks, loan and mortgage applications, loan and mortgage files, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) reports and related records that are obtained pursuant to federal subpoena and search warrants. The contractor will review, analyze and summarize in work products the records in an effort to identify the proceeds from the criminal activity, assets derived from the criminal activity, assets that facilitated the criminal activity, and assets involved in money laundering.
* Reviewing, processing, and analyzing information sufficient to: 1) assist in determining the amount to seek for forfeiture, 2) identify and trace assets during the course of the investigation, and 3) assist the Government in perfecting its interest in the property.
* Assisting in the location and repatriation of assets that are subject to forfeiture.
* Identifying the individuals and entities involved in the financial transactions and the financial accounts, properties, investments, and any other assets held by, or on behalf of, or owned the individuals and entities.
* Maintaining detailed case documentation and electronic files of financial records and documentation gathered and of work products prepared related to the analysis of the financial records and documentation.
* Researching and analyzing information derived from various investigative and business-related systems including, but not limited to, CLEAR, Accurint, FinCEN, TRAC, Department databases, law enforcement databases, and other information publically available via the Internet, e.g. land records, in furtherance of criminal and civil forfeitures. Examples of research and analysis activities include: analyzing and documenting the ownership interests of targeted properties; analyzing financial records to trace proceeds of criminal violations to their current form; preparing seizure warrants, civil complaints, and forfeiture counts; preparing exhibits on the source and ownership of the targeted property; and identifying, analyzing, tracing, and documenting potential substitute assets.
* Assisting with the development of sufficient probable cause to enable the Government to pursue seizure warrants, temporary restraining orders, civil complaints, and forfeiture counts against targeted properties and parties.
* Preparing details flow of funds charts specific to forfeiture, utilizing the results of financial analysis and other financial-related records, e.g. business incorporation/organization documents, land records, to graphically present the relationships between the subjects of the investigation and the events that lead to the forfeitability of assets.
* Researching and identifying emerging assets (e.g. virtual currencies).
* Researching and identifying assets utilizing various social media and cyber research tools.
* Assisting as presenters or facilitators for asset forfeiture training classes.
* Providing content support, research, and case examples to create and/or update asset. forfeiture training resources and instructional materials.
* Testifying in judicial proceedings related to work being performed under the task order. If the contractor is required to provide testimony for the Government, it shall ensure that the individual designated as the witness does not have anything in his or her background that could impugn his or her testimony or work products. Fees for work performed and appearance at depositions, grand jury proceedings, and trial testimony will be paid in accordance with the hourly rates specified in the contract's pricing table.
* Communicating with financial institutions and other third parties regarding financial accounts and records.
* Working and meeting with Assistant U.S. Attorneys related to financial records obtained, financial analysis and tracing conducted, work products prepared, and assets identified for seizure or forfeiture.
* Working with the United States Marshals Service (USMS) to obtain asset appraisals and equity estimates on forfeitable assets in the U.S. and abroad, including real property, vehicles, conveyances, and possible bank or other financial accounts.
A Senior Financial Investigator must meet the minimum qualifications:
* SFI candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of law enforcement experience planning, conducting, and participating in complex financial investigations, with a minimum of 5 years in a specialized are of expertise, such as forfeiture, organized crime, white collar crime, fraud, drug, money laundering, or similar area of criminal activity.
* An undergraduate degree is required.
* The investigator must possess a working knowledge of current financial investigative techniques and a valid driver's license.
* Foreign language skills are preferred, but not mandatory. Investigative experience. should be within the following areas: fraud, money laundering, and forfeiture.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.