Records Examiner/Analyst (Case Manager) at FBI's NVTC
Washington, DC, USA
Information Technology (IT)
The National Virtual Translation Center (NVTC) is a federal government center created to serve the U.S. government's translation needs. They were established by Congress in 2003 to provide timely and accurate translations in support of national interests.
Records Examiner/Analyst (Case Managers) are responsible for the analysis, processing and management of Contract Linguist applications and case files through the utilization of internal databases, systems, and software programs.
The REA/Case Manager will accomplish the following duties:
* Maintain communication with Foreign Language Program Supervisors in regard to national needs of the NVTC
* Manage the processing of Contract Linguist applicants for the NVTC
* Review and analyze resumes and online applications for the Contract Linguist position, determining best qualified candidates based on language needs and skill sets
* Perform preliminary indices checks on applicants using internal Bureau records management systems, in order to eliminate candidates with questionable and/or derogatory backgrounds
* Create electronic case files for each applicant, assigning case numbers, and indexing all personal identifying information of each candidate, becoming official Bureau records
* Initiate key actions through internal databases for each phase of processing for the Contract Linguist applicant, to include language testing, scheduling of the Personnel Security Interview (PSI), administration of polygraph, initiation of background investigations, and issuance of contracts with the NVTC
* Analyze and determine, as appropriate, best reciprocity actions and advise candidates of implications associated with reciprocity
* Task Human Resources Assistants (HRAs) and Administrative Specialists (AS) in assigned field offices, via internal Electronic Communications (ECs), with various duties deemed necessary for the accurate and complete processing of applicants
* Monitor applicants' progress through the creation and manipulation of Monthly Status Report spreadsheets, in order to identifying potential and visible delays in processing, and request status updates from field offices
* Evaluate language test results to determine the need of a particular applicant's language and/or skill set
* Create and transmit correspondence to applicants who are discontinued, citing appropriate reasons, while maintaining discretion, adhering to Bureau security guidelines
* Review security packages to ensure applicants meet qualifications for contract employment, while checking for derogatory information, questionable suitability and/or concerns, or missing documents/information
* Mitigate, when possible, any potential issues found when reviewing security packages of applicants
* Maintain constant communication with the Initial Processing Group (IPG), Law Enforcement Contractor Investigations Unit (LECIU), Security and Suitability Adjudication Unit (SSAU), and the High Risk Unit (HRU) of the Security Division, with regard to investigation and adjudication of applicants for Top Secret (TS) clearances
* Request security briefings of applicants who are favorably adjudicated for TS clearances, and transfer case records for the issuances of Basic Ordering Agreements (BOAs) and Work Orders
A Records Examiner/Analyst will provide Data Analyst tasks and executes the following duties:
* Review Data and information from multiple sources
* Establish case/project files
* Enter and retrieve data from data bases
* Prepare and format management reports
* Manipulate, transfer, compute and print information
* Create and manipulate spreadsheets
* Prepare and correct reports and correspondence using word processing software
* Conduct validation and verification of case files and case data system
The Records Examiner / Analyst may serve as the contractor's supervisor in small offices. The Records Examiner / Analyst shall have the ability to:
* Be responsible for the day to day supervision of contractor assignments
* Provide on-site supervision for Contractor workforce
* Provide on-the-job training for new personnel
* Ensure Contractor personnel meet periodic training requirements
* Schedule Contractor employees
* Provide on-site quality assurance and quality control of work performed by Contractor personnel
NOTE: Applicants already possessing an Active Top Secret clearance are very strongly preferred!
A Records Examiner/Analyst must meet the following qualifications:
* A four year undergraduate degree is preferred
* Must have one year's experience in a field related to law enforcement (to include legal and/or military experience)
* Attention to detail and the ability to read and follow directions is very important
* Good oral and written communications skills are highly desirable
* Must possess a demonstrated ability to analyze documents to extract information
* Must be able to analyze and identify multiple courses of action, when appropriate, and select the best course of action based on a determination of best-case/worse-case scenarios
* Must be able to exercise the use of good judgment and making decisions
* General knowledge about world affairs and world history is a plus
* Ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret clearance
* Fast learner; ability to multi-task
* Good organizational skills
* Good oral and written communicator
* Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Open to new technology and tech savvy
* Great customer service skills
* Ability to work in a diverse environment
* An interest in foreign languages
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Recognized for our industry experience in upholding the Department of Justice (DOJ) Asset Forfeiture contract, Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is dedicated to delivering smart and flexible staffing and support solutions to government agencies across the country.
We take great pride in our ability to provide consistent customer satisfaction, unsurpassed service, integrity and excellence in all our solutions.
FSA customers include all agencies with in the Department of Justice such as EOUSA, USAO, FBI, DEA, USPIS, USMS, and ATF and more. We also provide services to other federal and local government agencies.