This Business Analyst is responsible for various eProcurement tasks and functions supporting over 1,000 locations across North America. The role provides reports for system compliance, invoice auditing and other strategic planning activities while contributing to procurement system support through managing queue of reporting/enhancement requirements from user base.
* Facilitate and partner to establish business processes.
* Responsible for ensuring data and compliance quality dictated by sourcing managers, by following on-line procurement catalog content through catalog development projects as well as on-going on-line procurement catalog maintenance.
* Supply chain interaction with on-board vendors to insure contract and information integrity.
* Compile and analyze Jira ticket creation by vendor and associated reason. Provide necessary data as requested.
* Prepare monthly invoice audit and thoroughly review. Research any notable variances and liaise with supplier to rectify.
* Prepare and review monthly ePro compliance data and work with strategic sourcing department to improve compliance by developing process improvement recommendations.
* Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
* Review Vendor numbers being utilized for deactivation or reassignments.
* Focus on projects and support to all business services applications to include, sourcing, procurement, repair and maintenance.
* Examine new features and functionality available in upcoming releases. Work with Business on User Acceptance Testing and sign-off.
* Work with developers in troubleshooting any system failures and/or data discrepancies. Perform tests to determine application performance, including effect on existing, or planned changes, to functionalities. Work with business to identify and resolve data discrepancies.
* Development of procurement software application aligned with critical business requirements, process implementation of systems support, and problem resolution.
* Contribute to the structural architect, design and implementation of E-Procurement System (ePro) for United Rentals.
* Performing functional testing and regression testing and keeping track of new developments
* Serve as Help Desk support for users, respond to broad range of questions from users, from simple to complex issues. Daily contact with third party Software Company for bugs/issues and their resolutions in the system.
* Manage on-going expansion and improvement processes for the procurement system catalog content.
* Liaise with internal customers and IT departments and follow up to completion on various issues.
* Work with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes.
* Manage queue of reporting/enhancement requirements from user base.
* Designated point of contact among personnel involved with Contractor Supply vendors and information. Manage the price file load processes and review for completeness to ensure data integrity.
* Manage setup & activation of new locations.
* Work with business to understand workflow and gaps. Translate and document into business and functional requirements. Document extensive business requirements from stakeholders on functional areas within the eProcurement software and worked with technical managers on technical specifications for improvements.
* Maintain current project notes and communicate the information to the business partner and vendors.
* Update reference materials, training guides, and how to documents as necessary. Requirements * Bachelor's degree
* 3-5 years of experience in an analytical function. Purchasing/Buyer background is preferred
* Preferred knowledge of the following:
* Advanced Industry knowledge including equipment, contractors supplies and parts
* Cursory knowledge of system information flow
* Understanding of logicals and data flows
* Office environment; sitting at a desk and working at the computer