Information Assurance/ Security Specialist (TS/SCI)
Professional Diversity Network
Dulles, VA, USA
Parsons Secure Solutions is seeking an Information Assurance/Security Specialist for a newly awarded DHS program. The group is focused on developing capabilities that support the DHS cyber mission at multiple levels through the use of technology demonstration, integration of existing solutions, and the development of new tactics to employ solutions. The group harnesses current and emerging technologies to provide immediate solutions to the urgent challenges of the customer's cyber mission. The group conducts cyber analysis of threat data to propose solutions for implementation and track results.
The group collaborates with cyber analysts across the .gov to understand the implications of real world cyber threats and configuring existing deployed capabilities in innovative ways to defeat those threats. The primary goal of this organization is to maximize the use of existing capabilities. The secondary goal is to use the expertise gained through cyber mission analysis and technology demonstration to create new capabilities and to facilitate the development of a robust set of functional requirements for the enduring enterprise capabilities to be satisfied by the PMOs through the formal systems engineering life cycle.
Parsons is seeking several exceptional team members to support the Department of Homeland Security's cybersecurity efforts. This division's mission is to improve the cybersecurity posture and capabilities of federal departments, agencies, and industry partners. This division's suite of cybersecurity tools are constantly evolving and provided to mission partners and customers to meet the challenges posed by adversaries developing more advanced and persistent threats.
Responsibilities: - Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards
- Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures - Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization. Recommends information assurance/ security solutions to support customers' requirements - Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure
8+ years experience plus a Bachelor's degree
A TS/SCI CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain, or currently possess Top Secret SCI clearance.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.