Senior Nuclear Security Classification Analyst – Ft. Belvoir, VA
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC
Ft. Belvoir, VA
Strategy - Planning
Senior Nuclear Security Classification Analyst Ft. Belvoir, VA Watermark Risk Management International has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Nuclear Security Classification Analyst to provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA).
• Experience in handling and protecting classified information up to Top Secret and or Restricted Data (North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and foreign government information also desirable) • Understanding of the security landscape in the field of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) is required • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to coordinate and integrate different customer requirements • Ability to adapt quickly to changing policy and procedural requirements • Proficient in office productivity software use • Travel is required (10% to 25%)
• The successful candidate will have a proven ability to translate requirements and observations into clearly defined written products (briefings, reports, White Papers) in short timeframes to aid Program Managers within DTRA to properly vet their products • Applicant must be able to complete work with minimum guidance and supervision • Applicant must have excellent interpersonal communication skills • Applicant must be skilled in using personal computer and standard office automation systems (e.g., Microsoft Office)
In this role you will:
• Provide technical guidance to DTRA on security classification matters • Oversee all aspects of security classification, de-classification and distribution including development and monitoring Security Classification Guides • As a subject matter expert (SME) in security classification, provide advice to other programs inside and, when appropriate, outside of DTRA • Collaborate and advise on/supports security related aspects of projects throughout DTRA • Contribute, from the viewpoint of security matters, to numerous highly technical research and development projects the agency sponsors at the nation’s nuclear weapon design and military service laboratories • Interface with the Department of Energy (DOE) national labs to define capability gaps in security classification matters • Serve as a subject matter expert on nuclear weapons security and interact frequently with other government agencies that participate in nuclear and other WMD areas • Review, from a security classification standpoint, acquisition actions, including Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs) with Department of Defense (DoD) performers, Inter-Agency Agreements (IAAs) with other Federal agencies, contracts with industry, and grants with academia • Respond to interagency, DoD, and, DTRA taskers • Participate in interagency meetings; lead meetings as required
• Bachelor of Science degree in Nuclear Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Biology with 5 years of relevant experience • A M.S. in Nuclear Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Biology or a related discipline is strongly desired for this position. • A strong Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and field-testing background in nuclear and WMD effects or a related field (e.g., hydrodynamics, solar physics) is desired in order to understand the complexity of the classification issues
• A DoD Top Secret clearance (or equivalent) is required, with the ability to obtain SCI access. • Current SCI clearance is highly desired
Desired Experience: • Five years of experience working with DoD, other Federal Agencies, and DOE National Laboratories • Experience in the interagency environment • Experience in nuclear weapon design understanding and familiarity with the theory and operation of nuclear weapons, especially nuclear weapon physics is highly desired • Experience with the Department of Defense (DOD)/Department of Energy (DOE) participation under the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 and the 1958 United States (U.S.) and or United Kingdom (UK) Mutual Defense Agreement is desired • Some minimal familiarity with the DoD acquisition process as security applies to the process is desired
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
We hire service-disabled veterans whenever possible. Currently over 50% of our associates are disabled vets. You can take pride in knowing you are assisting men and women who have made very real sacrifices for their country.
Watermark Risk Management International is more than a company. We are a team. We will give you the opportunity to make your mark—to grow, stretch and flourish. We are keenly aware that our employees are our most important asset. We hire innovators, as well as thoughtful, creative and motivated workers who enjoy showing up for work in a purposeful, passionate and fully present way…every single day.
Watermark is a dynamic company, providing clients with the highest levels of service and support. We work hard and play hard, and try to keep our priorities in the following order: faith, family, health, and work. We are firmly committed to diversity and discussion. We celebrate and welcome differences and diverse backgrounds, perspectives and work styles. Every employee has an important and relevant voice; opinions are absolutely required; and a willingness to speak up and contribute is a must. We believe our diversity will lead to the most beneficial and innovative customer solutions. As a result, we ensure no potential solution is overlooked. Watermark is an EEO employer and strongly supports the hiring of military veterans.