Information Technology (IT)
Systems Engineer 3 – Ft. Belvoir, VA Watermark Risk Management International has an exciting opportunity for a talented Systems Engineer. This position provides Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Nuclear Arms Control Technology (NACT), developing state-of-the-art capabilities to operate and maintain the U.S. portion of the International Monitoring System (IMS) in accordance with Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) performance specifications and requirements.
• Experience working with some or all, of the following: Department of Defense (DoD), other Federal agencies, industry, National and or Service Laboratories, international partners. • Experience authoring technical and or non-technical documents and briefings. • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. • Skilled in using personal computer and standard office automation systems (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project). • Travel is required (10% to 25%).
In this role you will:
• Provide expertise in managing and monitoring installed systems and infrastructure installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools; and ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability • Uses databases and models to conduct statistical analyses of failures and sparing strategies to support development of an optimal sparing strategy, identification of opportunities to increase performance and or reliability, and to reduce the U.S. IMS Life Cycle Costs • Provides advice and facilitates government acquisition actions by writing statements of work, evaluating proposals, and monitoring contractor performance • Assists the government in rapid transition of emerging tools and analytical capabilities to key end-users
• Bachelor of Science plus 5 years of relevant experience, or Master of Science plus 3 years of relevant experience in a core science or engineering discipline
• A DoD Secret clearance (or equivalent) is required, as is the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access
• Current Top Secret and or SCI clearance • Experience in research and development activities involving treaty verification and monitoring technologies is desired • Experience working with the VMETRIC Readiness-Based Sparing (RBS) optimization model is desired • Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION:
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
We hire service-disabled veterans whenever possible. Currently over 50% of our associates are disabled vets. You can take pride in knowing you are assisting men and women who have made very real sacrifices for their country.
Watermark Risk Management International is more than a company. We are a team. We will give you the opportunity to make your mark—to grow, stretch and flourish. We are keenly aware that our employees are our most important asset. We hire innovators, as well as thoughtful, creative and motivated workers who enjoy showing up for work in a purposeful, passionate and fully present way…every single day.
Watermark is a dynamic company, providing clients with the highest levels of service and support. We work hard and play hard, and try to keep our priorities in the following order: faith, family, health, and work. We are firmly committed to diversity and discussion. We celebrate and welcome differences and diverse backgrounds, perspectives and work styles. Every employee has an important and relevant voice; opinions are absolutely required; and a willingness to speak up and contribute is a must. We believe our diversity will lead to the most beneficial and innovative customer solutions. As a result, we ensure no potential solution is overlooked. Watermark is an EEO employer and strongly supports the hiring of military veterans.