The primary purpose of this position is to support our client’s education and training for commanders and staffs involved in personnel recovery operations. The function of this position includes the process of developing and designing curriculum, coordination of implementation, and the assessment of the effectiveness of the curriculum to improve student learning. The curriculum developer will work directly with the subject matter experts to obtain and write content that meets the course goal, learning outcomes, and associated educational objectives.
Major Responsibilities and Activities:
- Analyze training requirements to write a course development plan.
- Use Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) instructional design process.
- Develop, write, edit, and review course materials with input and assistance from field Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Research and write programs of instruction, lesson plans, concept cards, and other instructional materials in compliance with government formats
- Develop performance methods and testing instruments.
- Select the most appropriate instructional strategy for classroom delivery.
- Develop learning outcomes and education objectives using Blooms Taxonomy.
- Identify content appropriate for development of job aids.
- Design and develop realistic scenarios and case studies.
- Develop assessment tools for courseware validation.
- Assist media with selecting appropriate graphics and media vignettes to enhance teaching points.
Active DOD Top Secret
The individual selectedmustpossess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Learning Psychology, Curriculum Development, Behavioral Science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years in training and development experience.
- Knowledge and application of adult education theories, methods, and strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal skills including technical writing skills.
- Prior military or Government service wherein knowledge of DOD processes and systems was required.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities would be considereddesirableand therefore enhancing for this position:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Ability to work independently or in a multidisciplinary team environment; flexible; detail and deadline-oriented.
- Knowledge and ability to perform a range of standard and technical assignments to meet time critical tasking or to resolve recurring problems.
- Previous platform instructor experience including attendance in civilian or military academic instructor courses is a plus.
- In accordance with Joint Travel Regulations, Volume 2, may be required to travel by regularly-scheduled passenger military or commercial aircraft in performance of TDY. - Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
TATE, Incorporated was founded in 1994 to provide support to the high-risk operator, specifically focusing on personnel recovery. With approximately 250 employees, TATE is now the nation's leading contractor providing Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE), Peacetime Governmental Detention (PGD), Hostage Detention (HD), Personnel Recovery (PR) plans and operations and other sensitive training support to the U.S. government. TATE's current customers include the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, Defense Intelligence Agency, and other governmental agencies.