Working in all phases of the
Trans-Load: dealing with incoming trucks off loading and outgoing trucks once
loaded, paperwork and communication with others.
Valid Driver’s License
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be
• Generates schedule for departing loads to meet shipping schedule.
• Studies incoming load patterns and volumes for estimating load counts.
• Arranges and oversees loading and unloading of trailers and trucks.
• Prepares all paperwork for incoming and outgoing loads.
• Troubleshoots and expedites operations that delay schedule and alters
schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• Responsible for being in compliance with all environmental laws and procedures
to which Smithfield Hog Production subscribes.
• Report all environmental issues immediately to their supervisor.
• Read and understand the company’s emergency notification process and will be
responsible for reviewing that policy at their work site.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager
• Complete paperwork upon time of receipt
• Enter all information into computer programs
• Housekeeping: Keep office break room and bathrooms clean, neat, and
organized, keep ramp and load area washed and free from debris.
A great job—and a great future—awaits you at Smithfield Foods. As the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer, we’re a $15-billion global food company with more than 52,000 employees. We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
We’re passionate about delivering on our promise to produce “Good Food. Responsibly.®”, and military veterans throughout the company support our mission. These veterans understand the value of purposeful work and play a daily role in advancing Smithfield Foods.
Veterans have a variety of backgrounds, and to match that, Smithfield offers a variety of careers. Areas of possibility include: