Under the supervision of Chief Engineer, responsible for maintenance and repairs to the buildings’ interior and exterior, related fixed and portable equipment and installation, while establishing a safe environment for the facility. Supports the implementation and documentation of site safety plans and all operational standards and guidelines as well as site-specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering department.
This is a multi-building campus with a central chiller plant servicing the cooling needs of the buildings’ air handling units (AHUs). The buildings each have gas fired boiler systems servicing the heating needs in conjunction with electric reheat variable air volume (VAV) boxes. This HVAC system is controlled by a Trane Tracer Summit building automation system (BAS). Below is listed some of the equipment that the applicant will need to be proficient in servicing.
• 573-ton centrifugal Trane chillers
• 1200-ton centrifugal Trane chillers
• AHUs and rooftop units (RTUs) ranging from 3,500 to 200,000 cfm
• Gas fired boilers ranging from 1,582,000 to 3,000,000 btu
• VAV boxes with both hydronic and electric reheat
• Baseboard and wall heaters with both hydronic and electric reheat
• Motors and pumps ranging from 1 HP to 200 HP
• DX cooled units ranging from 4,000 to 20,500 cfm
• Electric exhaust fans both direct drive and belt driven
• Auto-flush toilets and urinals
• Waterless urinals
• Potable water pumps and drinking fountains
• Sump pumps and drainage systems
• Ballasts and switches
• Motors (AC and DC) and controls
• VAV logic and dampers
Although only a few examples have been given the applicant should be proficient in general maintenance and have the ability to troubleshoot problems that may occur.
5 office bldgs + chiller plant located in downtown Milwaukee on the riverfront. Full-time permanent position. Immediate opening. Full benefits, medical, dental, vision. Paid vacation and holidays.
Occupational Health and Safety,
NO Security Clearance
• Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of engineer.
• Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints is a plus
• As required, highest-level relevant state/local license for building engineer and/or HVAC plus universal level refrigerant recovery license or military experience
• Computer skills and building automation systems experience required, including Microsoft Office
• Certification in OSHA and requirements as may be required