Strategy - Planning
SSI is an 8(m) economically disadvantaged woman owned small business (EDWOSB), providing cleared professionals and solutions for the Department of Defense, Department of State, Special Operations, and Intelligence Community. SSI provides instructors, cultural advisors, linguists, interpreters, translators, subject matter experts, advisors, mentors, role players, training support specialists, training delivery officers, intelligence analysts, counterintelligence (CI) specialists, technical support, field technicians, security professionals, logistics specialists, operations coordinators, budget specialists, administrative support specialists, emergency medical technicians (EMT), exercise controllers (EXCON), mission managers, project managers, program managers for a wide variety of mission critical requirements.
This position will be stationed in Erbil, Iraq and contingent upon contract award. Language requirements are Kurdish-Sorani Dialect.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Act as security liaison and interpreter for the Regional Security Officer (RSO) at meetings with senior police/security personnel; translate correspondence and documents for liaison meetings; identify risks, threats, and opportunities related to biometric implementations
2) Liaise with local police, national security officials, non-governmental security officials, and private sector/residential security representatives to keep the RSO informed of any activities or events; interact with government customers providing feedback, insight, and information on biometrics
3) Use contacts to facilitate meetings between RSO and local officials; act as the principal
point of contact with local law enforcement organizations for VIP visits (to include President of the United States (POTUS), Cabinet secretaries, former POTUS, Congressional delegations and governors); provide theater-wide training on the Department's biometric enrollment devices to Foreign Service National Investigators (FSNIs) within the Embassy's Regional Security Office
4) Serves as the main contact for various USG security services charged with protective duties (facilitates meetings between American agents and senior host country security/police/ military)
5) Conduct investigative, cross-cultural interviews on behalf of the RSO for the purposes of
employment suitability, criminal, and administrative investigations; make recommendations regarding investigative disposition to RSO
6) Must be capable of performing the following duties, as may be assigned at any time:
Monitoring (listening to), translating, and synopsizing content of real-time oral communications recordings
Transcribing from storage media, but not limited to audiocassettes, videocassettes or digital media and typing in both the required target language(s) and English
Preparing typed English translations from other source media
Performing quality control reviews of completed work
Validating the accuracy of completed translations and transcriptions
2) Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to receive SCI clearance
3) Minimum of five (5) years of experience as Arabic linguist (written and spoken communications) required
4) Excellent command of both the English and Kurdish languages; demonstrated language proficiency for English and Kurdish of at least S4 (speaking) and R4 (reading), as classified by the U.S. Department of State's School of Language Studies, or at the Superior level, as classified by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
5) Must possess in-depth knowledge of Iraqi culture, traditions, and customs
6) Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with individuals or groups from various levels and backgrounds
7) Must be in good physical condition with no health deficiencies, either temporary or long-lasting, that would impair performance of duties. Must meet the current U.S. government physical and medical standards required for deploying contractors to hazardous areas
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
1) Experience as a Security Liaison in an overseas environment is highly desired.
2) Experience working in a high-threat environment and experience with U.S. Department of State security operations are strongly preferred.
Mid Atlantic Professionals Inc., DBA/SSI is committed to providing equal opportunity to all associates without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, or physical disability. The Company is committed to provide reasonable accommodation (including making change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternative format) to qualified individuals with disabilities to apply for a job or to perform a job. To request reasonable accommodation please contact HR Department at Recruitment@groupssi.com or 301-540-8864.
SSI is an 8(m) economically disadvantaged woman owned small business (EDWOSB), providing cleared professionals and solutions for the Department of Defense, Department of State, Special Operations, and Intelligence Community.
Our “mission first approach" has positioned our company as a preferred vendor to our customers and we have been awarded more than 70 prime contracts in the last 4 years. We achieved position #421 on the 2013 Inc. 500 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
SSI delivers effective, practical, and cost-effective solutions to our clients, always remaining flexible and responsive to the changing requirements.