Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean — it’s about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping company in the United States. SCA employs over 400 associates and utilizes more than 350 state-of-the-art street sweepers, parking lot sweepers, sewer cleaners and other support equipment daily across the country. Currently SCA is seeking Air Sweeper Operators.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Driver is responsible for driving an Air Sweeper Truck, providing prompt service to customers assigned to daily scheduled routes, including but not limited to new housing developments, contractors, municipalities, & road construction contractors, etc.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Operate Air Sweeper Truck to remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and constructions materials or parking lot debris build-up due to seasonal/weather changes and parking lot waste.
1. Perform required inspection of Air Sweeper, prior to operating equipment
2. Preform minor mechanical checks of truck & equipment
3. Wear proper and required PPE
4. Review scheduled routes assigned
5. Be proactive and ask questions if route is unclear
6. Perform the safe operation of an Air Sweeper
7. Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted
8. Maintain quality of work
9. Track completed tasks and/or routes (sweep validation per procedures)
10. Exercise extra caution during inclement weather
11. Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours
12. Refuel at the end of the shift prior to returning to the shop
13. Perform all other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
Valid Driver’s license required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Requires work performed in outdoor environments/• Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
• Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching. Frequently; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
• Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
• Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
$13.00 per hour, based on experience
Health, dental, vision & life insurance
Paid vacation & holidays
Sweeping Corporation of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean — its about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping company in the United States. While most of our locations started with just one street sweeper and a few small contracts, today, SCA employs over 400 associates and utilizes more than 350 state-of-the-art street sweepers, parking lot sweepers, sewer cleaners and other support equipment daily across the country. Our fleet uses the latest mechanical broom sweepers and regenerative air vacuum trucks that can handle everything from heavy debris on the interstate to dirt tracked onto road surfaces during a construction project to a retail parking lot.
SCA’s customer list includes several state departments of transportation, city and county public works departments, airports, large industrial facilities, property management companies, major retailers, construction companies and special event venues.
Let’s talk about how SCA can help you meet your service objectives. No job is too big or too small.