Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean — it’s about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping company in the United States. SCA employs over 400 associates and utilizes more than 350 state-of-the-art street sweepers, parking lot sweepers, sewer cleaners and other support equipment daily across the country.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Laborer is responsible for assisting the team in general labor duties such as washing trucks, janitorial services and light mechanical work.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
The Laborer will assist the shop in various different general labor duties including but not limited to washing trucks, janitorial and light mechanical duties.
1. Operate equipment to wash trucks
2. Provide excellent customer service
3. Troubleshoot equipment, repair or facilitate repair as necessary
4. Communicate with site managers to alleviate any customer concerns
5. Provide physical labor and assistance to crew
6. Wear proper and required PPE
7. Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted
8. Maintain quality of work
9. Track completed tasks and/or routes
10. Exercise extra caution during inclement weather
11. Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours
12. Over-night travel may be required
13. Perform all other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
• Valid Driver’s License.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Requires work performed in outdoor environments/• Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
• Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching. Frequently; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
• Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
• Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
• Requires regular use of eyes, shoulders & neck to monitor vehicle mirrors & back-up camera.
CDL, Tow motor (i.e. powered industrial truck) operation, Valid Driver’s License, as applicable.
$13.00 per hour
Medical, Dental and Vision
PTO and paid holidays
Sweeping Corporation of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean — its about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping company in the United States. While most of our locations started with just one street sweeper and a few small contracts, today, SCA employs over 400 associates and utilizes more than 350 state-of-the-art street sweepers, parking lot sweepers, sewer cleaners and other support equipment daily across the country. Our fleet uses the latest mechanical broom sweepers and regenerative air vacuum trucks that can handle everything from heavy debris on the interstate to dirt tracked onto road surfaces during a construction project to a retail parking lot.
SCA’s customer list includes several state departments of transportation, city and county public works departments, airports, large industrial facilities, property management companies, major retailers, construction companies and special event venues.
Let’s talk about how SCA can help you meet your service objectives. No job is too big or too small.