Tour Conductor/Driver - $20/hr & $2,000 Sign-on Bonus!!!
Old Town Trolley Tours of Boston
Boston, MA, USA
Join the FUN EMPLOYED!!!
Those in the full-time, non-exempt position of Tour Conductor/Driver reflect a good sense of fun and a desire to entertain as well as excellent driving skills, as they are driving a trolley on busy public streets while narrating a scripted, sightseeing tour of Boston. Tour Conductors bring to life the history of America and all of the positive things that it represents!
Core Essential Functions:
* Drive in a safe, competent manner a non-air-conditioned trolley that is over 10,000 pounds in weight and is 27 feet to 40 feet in length on busy public streets while entertaining guests by narrating a scripted sightseeing tour, up to 4 to 5 times daily of approximately 1 1/2 hours each in duration.
* Follow all company safety directives, Department of Transportation (DOT) and local and state laws/regulations, while also maintaining radio contact with dispatch during tours.
* Meet and deal with the general public in a prompt and courteous manner and assist all patrons with boarding/exiting the trolley.
* Perform an interior and exterior physical inspection of the vehicle daily and accurately complete the departmental documents/forms for inspection.
* Keep inside of trolley clean of litter and clean all windows as needed through out the day. At the end of shift close windows or eisenglass, clean vehicle of all trash and take lost items to lost and found.
Don't currently have a CDL? It's ok! We'll train and help the right candidates obtain one!
Benefits include a competitive hourly wage and periodic bonus potential (Charter Opportunities, Well-Pay, Safe Driver-Pay, Conductor of the Month Awards, etc.), two weeks paid Vacation, one week paid Sick Time, access to our free Teledoc Benefit and more. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability insurances are available, as well as 401K participation with a company match; discounts in our retail stores and free tickets to our company attractions!
It's a fun, upbeat work environment, with flexible schedules including a combination of weekdays and weekends.
Employment at Old Town Trolley Tours is contingent on successfully passing drug and background checks. We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Car, Van and Bus Driving,
Training Rate, $19.50/hr; Once Certified, $20.00/hr + a $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
NO Security Clearance
* Must have a valid MA Driver's License, with 3 years of good driving history.
* Consistently pass a DOT physical and random drug testing and annual MVR checks as required by DOT.
* Requires on-your-feet routine physical activity and ability to load up to 50 pounds on and off the trolley.
* Must make a strong sparkling appearance. The Tour Conductor's personal uniform presentation reflects on the image of our entire Company.
* Regular attendance and punctuality are required.