Software Developer - Front End - Angular - DoD #4203
Reston, VA, USA
Datrose is seeking a Software Developer with Top Secret Clearance for an excellent temporary assignment (W2 Only) opportunity in Reston, VA! This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual. If interested in exploring this great opportunity, please apply directly at www.datrose.com/careers. Job Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Developer - Front End - Angular - DoD to join our team in Reston, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
• DOD Secret Clearance, Top Secret a plus
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related technical field and 5 years total relevant experience with 2-4 years experience specific to software development or equivalent blend of education and experience.
Announcement of award Link. See below:
U.S. Navy Selects Unisys Software for Secure, Mission-Critical Communications
Our ideal candidate is a strong application developer with current Java, focus on front end expertise with Angular development background.
In this role you will gain an understanding of the functional and operational environment of a legacy system and work with a small team on a complete system modernization in Java.
This individual should have experience developing using Agile methodology, in an Open Source environment.
This individual should support UI/UX and/or User centric Design efforts with some backend application development experience.
Collaborate with product manager/owners and development team during all phases of the project to promote successful delivery of quality products to our customers.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the primary resource for UI development on a new application development effort
• Exercise experience and knowledge of Java language and support Micro-services and/or API based environment as well as UI/UX capabilities.
• Provide full lifecycle programming and operational support of a mission critical system.
• Develops and applies methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of system design requirements and problems.
• Analyzes and evaluates user requirements by coordinating with the user to define the problem, data availability, report requirements, and system design problems.
• Defines system objectives and prepares system design specifications.
• Supports Agile and Kanban environments.
• Understanding of various software development and test methodologies including Traditional/Waterfall, Agile, Scrum.
• Daily duties include code debugging, testing, documentation generation, system and splice testing and integration.
• Travel to client location for meetings when needed.
• Exercise software development leadership skills, participating in code review.
• Leverage strong Junit experience and implementation experience to improve automated testing approach.
• Support client user acceptance testing (UAT), client demonstrations, and walk-throughs.
• Perform unit and system testing on system / application.
• Experience in application development in Angular 2 required, Angular 4 or 6 desired.
• Primary platform is Linux Red Hat (modern). Other environments include Windows. Have experience support and developing in JBoss EAP is a plus.
• Agile environment experience is required.
• Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, driven individual
• Critical thinker, ability to negotiate with key stakeholders and maintain positive attitude
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of US Military messaging (legacy AUTODIN) experience a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of DevOps desired, Jenkins, Git, experience a plus
Datrose is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Datrose is a cost-effective US-based Business Process Solutions Company providing contact center solutions, mail services, document management, accounts payable and staffing services with more than 3 decades of success. Founded in 1976, Datrose is a minority and service disabled veteran owned business, which has built its success upon the foundation of using Lean Six Sigma quality process management tools and a culture of high-performing dedicated teams of individuals across the nation.