Clinic Intake Specialist Salt Lake City, UT, US Requisition ID : 1266
Veterans Evaluation Services, Inc
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Clinic Intake Specialist
Salt Lake City, UT, US
4 months ago
Requisition ID : 1266
General Job Summary:
Assist providers and veterans on exam days in any manner needed. General problem solving in a solutions-oriented manner for both providers and veterans. Update case statuses as available. Must possess the desire to assist our wounded veterans with a caring, positive, and patriotic attitude.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled exam;
2) Display snacks/water/flags/veteran material in the provider’s waiting area and post VES signs in the door;
3) Greet each veteran immediately, obtain medical history, any diagnostic results or medical records and provide sign in sheet;
4) Provide information to the providers (worksheets/HX forms/day/face sheets), and assist with vitals (weight, height, blood pressure);
5) Document and update OMS comments for everything you do pertaining to veterans and providers;
6) Keep all veterans information private and confidential;
7) Assist the veteran in any way needed;
8) Always be courteous and respectful; and
9) Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety laws and policies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Maintain cleanliness of the clinic/per-diem and exam rooms;
2) Frequently utilizes computer, telephone, e-mail and e-fax;
3) Communicate and assist other departments in a collaborative effort to expedite cases;
4) Work effectively within a team dynamic;
5) Adapt to new instructions, requests or procedures as provided;
6) Maintain a high sense of urgency at all times; and
7) Other duties as assigned.
1) Intermediate knowledge of pertinent medical terminology;
2) Advanced verbal and interpersonal skills;
3) Advanced written communication skills, to include excellent grammar;
4) Advanced reading and comprehension abilities;
5) Advanced analytical skills and detail-oriented;
6) Advanced multi-tasking skills;
7) Advanced organizational and prioritization skills, with strong ability to meet strict deadlines;
8) Proficient typing skills; and
9) Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, general internet research, and beginner knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
1) Casual office environment, with some exposure to mild noise from office equipment and moderate noise generated by staff members;
2) Frequently utilizes phone, fax machine, computer, printer, and copy machines; and
3) Occasionally lifts and/or carries materials or items weighing up to approximately fifty pounds.
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training:
1) High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and
2) One to two years training and/or certification in the medical field preferred.]
OUR MISSION STATEMENT – To honor and serve America’s Veterans and Active-Duty Claimants by providing quality and timely reports through fair and objective evaluations performed by trained professionals in a respectful and hospitable environment.
VES UNDERSTANDS VETERANS BECAUSE WE ARE VETERANS
VES® is a Veteran owned service company. Key members of our team across the nation are Veterans who proudly served our country. We are proud to be American and we are proud of our service.
As Veterans ourselves, some of us having gone through the VA disability claims process, we understand that our real customers are the Veterans who sacrificed for their country and deserve our utmost respect, compassion and care.