We are a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin, and our services have grown to reach active-duty and retired military personnel, seniors, and families in Wisconsin, across the U.S., and around the world. Learn more!
WPS receives World's Most Ethical Company Award for 9th Year in a Row - 2018 Most Ethical Companies Announcement
At Our Core
WPS Health Solutions has earned a reputation as a leader in the insurance and benefits administration industry through our commitment to excellence and high-quality service. Our corporate values reflect the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
I recognize how my actions impact internal and external customers by being responsible for the customer experience. I look beyond the immediate issue to recognize and solve the problem.
I own my actions. I am accountable and dedicated to achieving the best results for WPS Health Solutions and our customers. I embrace my role in helping the company achieve a high-performance workplace.
I lead by example and act ethically, honestly and am trustworthy. I show appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
Driven and Passionate
I approach my work with enthusiasm, and personal commitment to the success of our business. I keep the importance of the work we do for our customers alive in my attitude and interactions with others, and demonstrate pride in the worthiness of our purpose.
Support Center Analyst Intern (Veterans Only)
The Veteran Internship Program with WPS Health Solutions is comprised of four key components. WPS interns will primarily focus on the responsibilities within their functional areas, as it relates to their respective field of study. In a group setting, interns will collaborate on the "Pay-It-Forward Project" – the development of a resource to be utilized for future program participants. The third component relates to exposure to corporate culture and training to aid in future career successes. At the conclusion of the program, interns will participate in a final presentation for senior executives by showcasing their experience in the program and functional areas.
Characteristics and Responsibilities • Under direct supervision of professional staff, provides entry-level professional support services in a specialty field, as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the department
• Assists in the planning and implementation of assigned projects
• Participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization
• Uses acquired knowledge and skills to carry out and complete project activities
• Attend staff meetings and serve on project teams as required
• Maintain knowledge and ensure the protection of hardware/software system security policies, practices and requirements
• Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and procedures
Required • Experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Interface with internal customers providing exceptional customer service
• General understanding of information security control procedures and methods
• Assist with development, implementation, coordinator, maintenance, and monitoring of corporate data security safeguards
• Process authorized requests for mainframe, client server and remote access environments
• Assist with fulfilling security administration workload responsibilities with competing priorities; complete tasks for major security-related projects to ensure completion by established target date
• Ensure all system access is removed for terminated employees in accordance with corporate and government requirements
• Communicate and work with clients at all levels in gathering appropriate documentation for various audits and security reviews
• Assist in preparing security documentation required for internal audits, external audits, and other security reviews
• Assist with updates to security procedure documentation, work instructions, and training materials
Required • Military Veteran currently pursuing a degree in higher education or recent graduate of high education or military education
• Military Veteran currently pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field OR equivalent military education and experience within Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Desktop Service and Support,
Systems Analysis - IT