Tends to ventilating and heating equipment such as fans, vacuum pumps, air compressors, vents and ducts, and lubrication oil coolers used in buildings or industrial processes. Supervises other HVAC mechanics.
· Installs, services and repairs environmental-control systems in residences, office buildings, and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout.
· Mountscompressors and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blue prints or engineering specifications.
· Fabricates,assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
· Installsevaporatorunitinchassisorinair-duct system,using hand tools.
· Cutsandbendstubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools.
· Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant.
· Installsexpansion and discharge valves in circuit.
· Connectsmotors,compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
· Installsair and water filters in completed installation.
· Injectssmall amount of refrigerant into compressor to tests systems and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure.
· Observespressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation. Tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap and water solution. Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands. Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician's hand tools and test equipment.
Mayinstall,repairand service air conditioners, ranging from fifteen to twenty tons cooling capacity, in warehouses and small factory buildings.
Directly supervises other employees in the HVAC department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assinging, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Minimum 5 years' experience as a supervisor of personnel in the HVAC trade.
Valiant Integrated Services provides specialized services in diverse disciplines on six continents, more than twenty countries, and throughout the United States. Personnel work across all time zones, languages, and cultures providing insight and solutions that inform, add value, and protect.