Construction Project Manager-Mid Level- Huntsville, AL
McManis and Monsalve Associates
Huntsville, , United States
The Construction Project Manager – Mid Level will support government contract related projects, to include but not limited to construction, design/build, architecture and engineering, space management, facilities management, real estate, and leasing of large and complex construction projects. This position description provides a baseline of technical areas for the Construction Project Manager; however this list does not restrict performance requested on other related assignments.
The general responsibilities of the Construction Project Manager include but not limited to:
As required, provide on-site construction management oversight during mobilization, site preparation, construction, fit-out, commissioning and occupancy.
• Provides support in the planning, management direction, project completion, client satisfaction, and financial outcome of assigned construction projects.
• Interfaces with clients to define project requirements. Majority of issues are tenant improvements and finishes.
• Reviews schedule, and aligns project work plan and deadlines with requirements.
• Monitors on-site processes, procedures, and systems for compliance with construction drawings, security requirements, and code compliance.
• Coordinates and monitors the completion of activities in all phases of the project cycle.
• Monitors and oversees the project design or construction effort, to include but not limited to risk management, security and safety compliance, etc.
• Attends meetings (on-site/off-site or video conferencing), and provides official project status reports per the frequency required (daily, weekly, bi-weekly, etc.).
• Assembles a high performance integrated project team when required, to include all stakeholders, manages communication, and manages expectations throughout the entire project.
• Assists the Contracting Officer and COR with acquisition planning, technical reviews, execution, and administration. Collects requirements, prepares SOWs, conducts market research, and develops sole source justifications, as appropriate. Assist the government representative in reviewing documentation.
• Provides project management support in any form, demonstrating compliance with all directives and other applicable standards to include, records management.
Provides technical support on a daily basis to all customers, manages electronic documents, serves as the liaison for other customer groups related to all projects, provides expertise, monitors security related issues, and maintains a coordinating relationship with the government agency, its clients, and external partners to include the architect-engineers, construction contractors, and other contractors supporting the government.
• Utilizes interpersonal skills to successfully work with all stakeholders including customers, regulators and property owners.
• Directs all construction and administrative activities at the project site in accordance with pre-established policies, project schedules, budgets, drawings, specifications, and procedures. Attends site visits and/or pre-bid conferences, coordinates construction activities with other contractors and performs post occupancy evaluations.
• Assists with the transition of projects to those customers responsible for ongoing maintenance of space.
• BA or BS degree with at least eight years of experience or ten years of experience in a construction, architecture, or engineering related field in lieu of the education requirement.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Industry Project software packages to include but not limited to latest versions of Microsoft Project, Primavera, AutoCADD, Revit, Prolog, etc.
• Experience with coordinating with architects and engineers to create design and construction documents. Experience with reviewing design document submittals, reviewing cost and schedule estimates, collecting, preparing, and reporting programmatic information.
• Fluent in project management principles and how to implement Project Management principles.
• Ability to analyze all relevant project-related information and communicate project status and major issues in writing or verbally.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications, interpret contract terms and conditions, working knowledge of CPM scheduling, communication skills, intermediate computer skills and Leadership skills.
• Project Management of Federal Government construction projects is preferred.
• Professional certifications are preferred to include but not be limited to Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Project Management Professional (PMP), American Institute of Architects (AIA), etc.
McManis & Monsalve Associates (McManis & Monsalve) is a small, veteran-owned, HUBZone-certified consulting firm that helps organizations improve performance, manage change, and mitigate risk. As an integrated group of skilled professionals with diverse career backgrounds in Fortune 1000 companies, the Federal Government, and the U.S. Military, we work with government, private, and non-profit clients to address organizational challenges and achieve measurable results.
The way we view risk has earned us a stellar reputation, exemplified by our rate of return business. The McManis & Monsalve difference starts with our perspective: we utilize our proprietary approach, Intelligence Led Management™, which is comprised of intelligence analysis tools and techniques along with decades of management consulting expertise, to thoroughly review the system in question and develop actionable intelligence. This better allows us to provide our customers with comprehensive solutions to their full portfolio of risks.
Our capacity to identify the array of existing and emerging risks associated with specific organizational needs, along with our ability to introduce interventions, has resulted in improved practices and outcomes and tangible cost savings for our clients. Collaboration is also a cornerstone of our business; we’re effective because we're there to help implement, not just write reports.