May 24, 2024

Sr. Planner Planning & Reliability

  • Pinto Valley Mine
  • Miami, AZ 85539, USA
Full-Time General Labor Program Management Skilled Labor Training Warehouse Operations

Job Description


Responsible for the development, planning, governance, and continuous improvement of the work management and asset management plan.

This position will also:
  • Develop detailed plans including parts and materials requirements for major maintenance activities such as overhauls, preventative/predictive maintenance scheduling and corrective repairs to sustain the Life Cycle Asset Management Program.
  • Assist with the preparation and development of Strategic Business Plan (Budgeting) process for Operations Support
  • Identify and drive initiatives to optimize existing processes, practices, and equipment performance to improve cost and achieve production goals.


Asset Optimization & Reliability Superintendent


(Key departments, External Groups):


  • Work with Tailings Superintendent
  • Work with Ops Support Planners
  • Work with Reliability/Condition Monitoring Specialist.
  • Work with Tailings Maintenance Crew Supervisors
  • Work with Water & Facilities Superintendent
  • Work with SXEW Superintendent
  • Work with Tailings Technical Team
  • Work with Procurement/Supply


  • Work with equipment vendors and contractors


(Name of Position):


  • None

  • Comply with all Pinto Valley Mine and MSHA safety guidelines, HSEC programs and procedures.
  • Comply with all Pinto Valley Mine standard operating procedures and work instructions.
  • Review and provide guidance on equipment strategies that reflect the operational needs to achieve the specified equipment availability, in conjunction with the agreed throughput rates and engineering standards for the equipment
  • Responsible for the development, control, and adjustment of schedules for assigned activities; maintain these schedules in the CMMS and work management system
  • Plan and coordinate project activities with Processing and Tailings Operations to improve equipment maintenance availability and other related KPI’s
  • Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly planning meetings with key stakeholders
  • Utilization of historical trends to demonstrate cause and effect relationships in equipment health and identify asset improvements for future implementations
  • Provide consistent engagement with Processing and Tailings Operations to ensure equipment is operated and maintained within Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) strategies
  • Implementation of new technology solutions to consistently upgrade and improve site safety, efficiencies, cost controls, quality controls and protection of the environment
  • Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) investigations on component failures and equipment downtime events
  • Ensure RCFA actions are completed and coordinated accordingly
  • Analyze schedule management feedback for opportunities to improve work management processes and/or utilization of both internal and external services
  • Engage with onsite materials management to control warehouse minimum/maximum levels and appropriate storage conditions of materials and parts
  • Prepare unforeseeable corrective work data, based on previous work history to prepare robust plans that support cost estimation at cost center/element level
  • Behave in a way that demonstrates support of Capstone’s Vision and Values: Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, Deliver Results and Work Responsibly
  • Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required.


  • Formal education in Technology, Engineering or Business is highly regarded.
  • At least 10 years’ maintenance / reliability experience in the mining industry with practical experience in Preventive/Predictive Maintenance.
  • Extensive k nowledge of preventive maintenance process and planning practices highly regarded
  • Knowledge of Condition Monitoring Systems and Techniques highly regarded
  • K nowledge of Computerized Management Systems and Digital Control Systems highly regarded
  • SAP and Wonderware knowledge as a plus.

Key Competencies / Skills

  • Intermediate computer skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Databases.

  • Makes effective contributions using team concept, ability to manage, influence and work within a multi discipline Maintenance team
  • Valid Arizona Driver's License
  • Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English


  • 80% of the Ops Support Senior Planner’s time will be spent on developing robust maintenance plans/forecasts, equipment data analysis, cost control, budget development and maintenance strategy development while the remaining 20% will be spent in the field.



Security Clearance

NO Security Clearance

Apply Now