Valet Attendant (Hotel)
We currently have immediate openings for part-time and full-time Valet Attendants at a 24-7 hotel operation (day, evening and overnight shifts). The position pays $5.00 per hour + tips.
The ideal candidate will have prior hotel valet or parking experience; excellent customer service and communication skills; a valid driver's license; ability to drive both manual (stick shift) and automatic transmissions); and a clean DMV Record.
Basic Function - Ensure that appropriate number of cars is kept on location throughout shift, cars are being parked in an appropriate fashion and the lot is kept clean and presentable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Direct incoming customers to available parking spaces.
• Count vehicles on location throughout shift, as needed.
• Write and issue violation warnings to tenants and visitors that violate garage policies.
• Patrol transient and reserved parking levels on foot or in customized motor carts, if applicable.
• Provide assistance to customers that have forgotten where they parked their vehicle.
• Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform.
• Courteously assist Customers by answering any questions they may have. If necessary, direct the Customer to the Facility Manager for further assistance.
• Control traffic at entrances and exits as needed.
• Assist in the maintenance and repair of parking equipment and any general maintenance tasks as directed by the Facility Manager.
• Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager.
• Communicate debris, water, oil spills and etc. to garage office.
• Substitute for Valets when necessary, if authorized.
• Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of the garage, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage.
• Assist Facility Manager with other duties as needed.
Qualification Requirements - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience Required - Less than High School education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
License Requirement - The employee will be required to have and maintain a valid state driver’s license with a current address.
Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Appearance - Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle cash and equipment. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Standard Parking is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a veteran of the Vietnam era, or other legally protected status. Standard Parking also prohibits discrimination against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans; and does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.